Saturday, October 16, 2010

The new addition

Meet Minty!


She is a 3 week old South Dorset Down - no Angelina, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? Her particular kind usually wind up shrink wrapped and sold by the joint for an extortionate sum, but I have more than a sneaking suspicion that she will idle away a long life napping on the deck and nibbling on clover and my vege garden.

The kids adore her, and she follows them around everywhere - inside and out. Only one wee puddle as evidence so far, but I think we might have to have a 'cloven hooves outside' rule. Cruel as it may sound, I think I prefer beasts of the field to remain in the field. Or at least the deck.





She's currently drinking a bottle of raw cows milk 4 times a day, but as she's starting to eat grass a bit, we might be able to cut that down to 3 feeds in a week or so.



And here's Farmer Soph in her working clothes - just be thankful she's not wearing an animal's tail and swimming goggles also!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love her :D And I love the gummies with dress, great fashion sense.

    I'll have to bring my dog out to round her up when she's older. For now she'll have to round up my kids for a bit longer

    ReplyDelete